What We Believe
Statement of Faith
• The scriptures of the Old and New Testament as being verbally inspired by God and inerrant and infallible in the original writings, and that they are of supreme and final authority in matters of faith, salvation and practice.
• In one God eternally existing in one essence yet equal persons, the Trinity: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
• That Jesus Christ was begotten by God, conceived by the Holy Spirit and born to the virgin Mary.
• In the Holy Spirit, the third person of the Trinity, who convicts the world of sin, righteousness and judgment. He is the life of the believer and He empowers the preaching and teaching of the Gospel.
• That mankind was created in the image of God, but soon after disobeyed God, allowing sin to enter God’s perfect world. From then on, every human has been born with sinful desires that lead to separation from God.
• That the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are justified on the basis of His shed blood.
• In the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, His ascension into heaven and His present life there as High Priest and Advocate for us.
• In the blessed hope, which is the personal, visible and imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
• That all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again by the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God and heirs of eternal life.
• In the Church, whose mission it is to preach the Gospel to all the world, all of its endeavors being guided by multiple leadership and supported by the wise stewardship of God’s people.
"I want you woven into a tapestry of love, in touch with everything there is to know of God. Then you will have minds confident and at rest, focused on Christ, God's great mystery."